Organizations and individuals working to end homelessness accumulate rich stores of information and experience within their communities. HomeBase coordinates and facilitates several regional peer networks to connect these stakeholders, creating systems of support and knowledge sharing for homeless service providers, Continuums of Care, homeless and formerly homeless advocates, and agency representatives.
These peer networks function as learning communities, allowing stakeholders to exchange information, foster partnerships and build community across geographical and institutional boundaries.
The Regional Steering Committee on Housing and Homelessness (RSC)
This San Francisco Bay Area group, founded in 1988, is the longest-running peer learning community on homelessness in the United States. RSC members discuss a wide range of issues and concerns, with a focus on regional problem solving and priority setting. Membership includes homeless service providers, Continuums of Care, organizations working in related areas (e.g. affordable housing), advocacy and service provider coalitions, homeless and formerly homeless people, and self-help advocacy and services organizations in the region.
Recent Meetings and Topics
- September 29th, 2017: Fostering Regional Synergy to End Homelessness
- June 26th, 2017: Rapid Re-Housing Best Practices
- January 13th, 2017: Healthcare and Homelessness
- October 7th, 2016: Youth Homelessness
- April 1, 2016: Coordinated Entry: What Have We Learned? What Comes Next?
- February 6, 2015: Preparing for the CoC Interim Rule Public Comment; Aligning CoCs with HUD's Policy Priorities
- November 7, 2014: Continuum of Care NOFA Debrief; Preparing for the CoC Interim Rule Public Comment
- September 12, 2014: Supportive Housing for Homeless Veterans; Promoting Landlord Partnerships to Overcome Housing Attainment Barriers
The Northern California/Central Valley Homeless Roundtable (NorCal Roundtable)
The NorCal Roundtable is a peer learning community led by homeless continuum of care representatives from communities across Northern California and the Central Valley. The NorCal Roundtable meets quarterly to discuss pressing policy and implementation issues. This group focuses particularly on the challenges facing California’s rural homeless communities and homeless service providers. The NorCal Roundtable provides regular opportunities for Continuums of Care to exchange information and build community across a broad geographical area. The group supports and engages in policy work at the state and federal level, and it generates resources to address the changing needs of rural Continuums of Care. Participants work collaboratively to identify common needs and problem areas and to discuss creative solutions.
Recent Meetings and Topics
- August 24th, 2017: Focus on Shared Housing: Solutions for Diverse Populations
- May 18th, 2017: Building Connections with Landlords and Public Housing Authorities
- February 23rd, 2017: Discharge Planning for Coordinated Entry
- December 1st, 2016: Data Interventions and System Performance Measures
- September 29th, 2016: Housing and Healthcare
- May 26th, 2016: Record Remedies, Access to IDs and Birth Certificates, and Data Sharing for Coordinated Entry
- February 25th, 2016: Building the Next Generation of CoC Leadership, Government Partnerships, and More.
- December 3rd, 2015: Ending Veteran Homelessness. Progress and Strategies
- September 3, 2015: Fair Housing: Family Composition, Transgender Housing, Disability Discrimination, and More; HMIS: New 2015 Data Standards
- May 28, 2015: Building Positive Relationships with Law Enforcement; Collaborating with Federal Partners Regarding Use of HMIS
- February 26, 2015: Promoting Landlord Partnerships to Overcome Housing Attainment Barriers
- December 4, 2014: Homelessness Crisis Response System; Homelessness Prevention: Key Principles and Best Practices
To join the NorCal Roundtable Yahoo group, send a blank email to:
West Sacramento Community Center
1075 West Capitol Avenue
West Sacramento, CA 95691
The Central California Homeless Roundtable (CenCal Roundtable)
The CenCal Roundtable is the newest addition to the peer communities facilitated by HomeBase. Its inaugural meeting in 2014, held in Merced, was designed to provide a forum for peer learning for Continuum of Care coordinators from those Central Valley communities that are unable to make it to the Northern California Roundtable. Like the NorCal Roundtable, the CenCal Roundtable has a particular interest in issues that affect small and rural communities, but with a geographic focus on the southern Central Valley.
- March 31st, 2017: Youth Homelessness
- June 10th, 2016: Decriminalization of Homelessness
- May 13, 2015: Housing First; Characteristics of an Effective Coordinated Entry Process
- October 3, 2014: Accessing Housing for Homeless People; Fair Housing
To join the CenCal Roundtable mailing list, send a blank email to:
The meeting venue rotates among locations in the Central Valley. Join the mailing list to know where the next meeting will be!